Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th- Croatian Style and MAMURLUK





Happy 4th o July ya'll! For the obvious reasons, people dont celebrate "Independence day here in Croatsland. But that didnt stop my American friend Rebecca and I from having our own little celebration. Fried chicken, deviled eggs, watermelon, and some good old fashioned American spirit helped us remember what it means to be an American! We set up our little shin dig in Rebecca's husband's bar- Libertina- and we had some help from the locals in enjoying our little feast. Waving American flags and listening to Ray Charles's version of American the Beautiful - I truly did invoke a sense of American pride as I devoured my drumstick, and sipped on an Ojusko Pivo.
Then yesterday I just HAD to go the "cinema"( ppl dont call it the movies here) and see MAMURLUK! A.K.A The Hangover. Every one of my friends from the states had raved about it, so when I saw it advertised I was like - WHAT! Its already here? It was hysterical, and that Bradley Cooper- even when hung over and covered in crap- is SO HOT! I laughed my a** off the whole time. Next out is Bruno - cant wait for that one.

2 comments:

  1. jaz! i'm so jealous of your fried chicken!! i got back from my roadtrip on the fourth, so i was crazy tired, and decided to celebrate my americanness with chipotle, which of course was closed...despite the whole independence thing coming to mexico on cinco de mayo. i totally shouldve thought of fried chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this - love the deviled eggs part - so Baltimore! We definitely need to catch up soon. Saw the Hangover - a little disappointed in the cliche-ness of it all, but can't WAIT for Bruno! You know how long you're staying yet?

    ReplyDelete